Half marathon expected to challenge seasoned runners | Events
The South Mountains State Park is inviting the public to a Half Marathon this weekend.
With long distance views and an extensive trail system, the Park is sure that people will enjoy themselves.
Due to the elevation, officials recommend this event for runners who are in great aerobic shape.
Interested athletes should meet at the Visitor Center of the South Mountains State Park, located at 3001 South Mountain Park in Connelly Springs, Saturday February 23, at 8 a.m.
The cost is free, and the event is open to the public.
For more information on the Half Marathon, call 828-433-4772.
Upcoming Events near High Country
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AIG bringing 230 new jobs to Mecklenburg Co. with new technology center
- CATS, labor union reach tentative agreement to avert midnight strike
- Cincinnati will face North Carolina in Belk Bowl
- Economic Outlook Conference to feature big business execs today
- County launches new emergency alert system, CharMeck Alerts