SHERIFF: Man arrested after selling meth to undercover officer | News
LENOIR, NC (WBTV)- The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office says a Burke County man is under arrest, facing methamphetamine charges.
Ice agents arrested 27-year-old Billy Dean Potter of Connelly Springs Tuesday after they say he sold a quarter ounce of meth to an undercover agent.
Investigators said the arrangement was made for Potter to meet the undercover agent in Lenoir, and deliver the meth.
Once the sale was made, officers arrested Potter. They also found digital weighing scales and other paraphernalia with him.
According to North Carolina State Guidelines, the meth's street value is $1,200.
Potter is charged with one count of each of the following:
- Felonious Possession with Intent to Sell/Deliver Methamphetamine
- Felonious Sell and Deliver Methamphetamine
- Felonious Maintain a Vehicle to Keep/Store a Controlled Substance
- Misdemeanor Hit and Run Property Damage
Potter is being held in the Caldwell County Detention Center under $75,000 secured bond for the drug charges, and $2,000 secured for the hit and run charge.
The Ice Unit is continuing its investigation and expects more arrests in the future.
If you have any information concerning illegal drug activity in Caldwell County, please contact the:
- Caldwell County Sheriff's Office I.C.E. Unit at 828-757-1178
- Lenoir Police Department's Narcotics Division at 828-757-2145
- Caldwell County Crimestoppers at 828-758-8300
Your information will be kept confidential.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.